Do you want to be involved in a finance position which includes financial control in the broadest sense? Do you want to be part of a growing ambitious organization? Then join our Finance Team at Aegon Asset Management Netherlands (AAM NL) in The Hague!
You have a strong operational profile and a hands-on mentality. You have day to day contact with the business, colleagues on multiple locations, suppliers and customers. You are eager and proactive to improve operational finance processes and will be part of finance projects to implement process optimizations and automation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Running and oversight of the day-to-day administration of AAM NL and related AAM entities and be involved in the monthly/quarterly closing process of those entities;
- Be involved in the preparation of the internal reporting of financial and management information to the AAM Global Finance team and the European management board;
- Be involved in the preparation of the external reporting: (semi-)annual financial statements and regulatory reporting to the Dutch Central Bank;
- Management supporter within the accounts payable process. The role will be the internal point of contact for the business regarding invoices and the external point of contact for the invoice processing department of Aegon NL and our suppliers.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable and invoicing of clients for our 2 NL based locations and accompanying payment process. The role will be the point of contact for the Account Management department and our clients.
- Provide financial support to, challenge and interact with the business
- Degree HBO in Business Administration with 0-4 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong operational profile: willing and able to get involved in the businesses
- Proven analytical and communication skills;
- Enthusiastic team player with ambition, outgoing personality and a critical attitude.
And of course you are professional and conscientious. Last but not least you have a can-do attitude and you will go the extra mile if needed.
The Finance department within AAM NL consists of 2 sub departments: Financial & Control and Business Control and involves 10 employees who are working on 2 different locations: The Hague and Groningen. The place of employment for this role is the Hague. The Finance & Control department is focused on the administration and reporting of NL entities while the Business Control department is focused on European budgeting & forecasting and business partnering. The Finance & Control department is responsible for the general ledger, accounts receivable & payable, monthly closing and all internal and external reporting. The financial control over the reporting includes oversight over the day-to-day administration of AAM NL and related Dutch AAM entities. The Finance & Control team consists of 5 people. The team reports to the Head of AAM NL Finance & Control while the department resorts directly under the European CFO. The Finance team core values are: proactive, critical attitude, flexibility and teamwork.
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Aegon Asset Management uses its investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Institutional and private investors entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €344 billion worldwide.
Positioned for success in its chosen markets (the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia), Aegon Asset Management’s specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes. Its clients benefit from the extensive international research capabilities and in-depth local knowledge of Aegon Asset Management, as well as Kames Capital, its UK investment team, and TKP Investments, its fiduciary management investment team in the Netherlands location Groningen.
Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon, one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Need more information? www.aegonassetmanagement.com
What we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary based on 40 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our <name team/department> team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Anne van Busselen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 23792726 or email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org