Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and become one of the financial leaders in a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!
The job in a nutshell
You are going to be part of a team of 6 IFRS reporting Analysts. The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for collecting and reviewing the consolidated information of Aegon Group and assessing that financial and non-financial information submitted by reporting units is accurate and complete and delivered in a timely fashion. The results are shared with the Group analysis team, who perform a more in-depth analysis of the numbers and providing the story behind these numbers for reporting to the Executive Board, Management Board, Supervisory Board and external stakeholders. In addition the results are used by other Corporate Center departments for strategic decision making. The reporting analyst diligently executes financial controls and ensures the financial reporting is complete and error free.
You ensure the quality of all financial reporting (for management and regulatory purposes) is of the highest standard, which requires understanding the reporting process, ensuring the integrity of financial reporting & demonstrating an understanding of the results to be sure of the quality of the reporting.
Also, you identify opportunities for improvement in reporting that help us to continuously evolve & grow as a finance function.
You will be control orientated also, and will execute controls as designed to mitigate risks in the financial statement closing process in accordance with Aegon’s internal control framework.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Controlling, Economics, Financial Management or other relevant discipline preferably with a post-doc accountancy. Professional Accounting qualification is also accepted.
- Have up to 3 years’ work experience in an international financial reporting environment, preferably in a similar role
- Have experience in managing change as a core element of your previous experience
- Are proficient in English, both in writing and verbally
- Have experience with consolidation & reporting applications
As IFRS Reporting Analyst, you are a highly analytical yet pragmatic financial expert, you are eager, dedicated and have a can do mentality – the ability to work as part of a team and ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when required in order to get the job done. Strong leadership skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with global internal and external stakeholders.
Who are your new colleagues?
The team have a variety of professional experiences, from big 4 accountancy / consulting firms, private sector finance & investment functions as well as finance driven change roles, you will be energized to work in a team with colleagues of varied backgrounds, cultures & experiences, all working with the same end goal in mind. The Financial Reporting team is part of Group Finance. The primary objective of Group Finance is to provide the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. with meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc) to support the board’s decision making process. To help achieve this objective, Group Finance implements / maintains adequate reporting systems which enables group consolidated reporting on key financial metrics based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II, Aegon’s Market Value Numbers and on sales information.
What will you be getting?
- A competitive monthly salary;
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
Are you that person who is making IFRS fun again? Then make sure you apply immediately! You will hear back from us after October 15th. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call 0031 6 52825238 or send an email to email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org