PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with more than 2,300 professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial. advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
- Penultimate year of study with an anticipated graduation date December 2019 – June 2020.
- Expected minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in additional European languages highly desirable.
Account Summer Analyst (Account Management and Global Wealth Management) – Positions are located in London and Munich
Account Summer Analysts serve in a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of supporting the servicing of PIMCO’s Institutional and Global Wealth Management clients. The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. Interns gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients.
Product Summer Analyst – Positions are located in London and Munich
Product Summer Analysts will work with one or multiple specialty desks (e.g. Alternatives, Equities, Credit, Emerging Markets, Securitized Products, etc.) to gain a strong understanding of the business of investment management across market segments. Summer Analysts will work within the Product Strategy Group, a global team of 60 investment professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, intrapreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines. The internship aims to provide summer analysts with broad exposure to financial markets, product design/ development and distribution, portfolio analysis, and client communication.
Portfolio Summer Analyst – Positions are located in London
The Portfolio Summer Analyst will serve in a dynamic role working alongside Senior Portfolio Associate(s) in providing key support across portfolio management and trading desks. Primary learning opportunities of the role include global portfolio risk reporting, attribution analysis, trade allocation and other ad hoc excel based deliverables.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training in our London office. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
The internship provides an excellent opportunity to develop meaningful partnerships through cross-department training and a collaborative team project. Throughout the course of the summer, the analyst will be expected to showcase an understanding of advanced fixed income concepts and general portfolio management concepts, while operating in a high performance environment. In advance of the internship, analysts will receive preparation materials intended to supplement PIMCO Fundamentals training, and related product knowledge.
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organised, self-starter, accountable, flexibility to adapt in a changing environment
Summer Programme Details:
- Commences 17 June 2019, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor programme
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-programme
- Applicants should submit their CV & cover letter once for consideration for all roles described above. We will determine fit based upon background and skill requirements.
- If you have a particular interest in one of the roles listed, specify the reasons why in your cover letter.
- If you have a geographic preference, please indicate location in your cover letter.
- Submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2018.
- We encourage and accept applications from September onwards. We reserve the right to review applications, interview and extend offers prior to the application deadline. We strongly advise you to apply in advance of the application deadline.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com