Are you interested in Trading but still have a few months to study? Does the opportunity to work at a leading global trading firm excite you? If you are currently based in the Netherlands, studying towards an academic degree and have a significant interest in the financial markets combined with solid working experience in Excel, VBA and SQL, then you could be our new Trading Assistant.
Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! With trading teams focusing on a broad range of financial products we are able to provide an unrivalled universe of exciting opportunities for our employees. Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants.
What you’ll do
The Optiver trading floor is one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. As a Trading Assistant you will work directly alongside our trading and research teams with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into how our company operates. You will be responsible for running reports, structuring trading sheets and completing administrative tasks. This role is a fantastic springboard into a variety of full time roles within the company.
Please note: For this role we are looking for someone who is still in university.
What you’ll need
- Final year student (bachelor or master), preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics or equivalent
- Working experience with Excel, VBA and SQL
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong affinity for financial markets
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What you’ll get
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- The opportunity to get to know our systems and way of working which will highly benefit you if you move into one of our full-time positions
- Competitive part-time salary
- Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities and discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via our website for the position of Trading Assistant. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or email@example.com.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Trading Assistant you will be required to take an online assessment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org